Wow...
Time fly's by so fast. I cannot believe it is the middle of September already. It seems like just yesterday I went home for the summer, left for Germany, was an EFY Counselor, and was killing mosquitoes, was a the beach in Oregon, and then at Kelli's wedding.
I am doing well enjoying my classes a lot. Learning a bunch about applied anthropology, medical anthropology and evolution. It is interesting to learn at here at BYU and see how much of it really does influence the rest of the world. I also have been starting to figure out what and where I should do my field work. I also have decided to try to go to grad school and get a masters in medical anthropology. Maybe just maybe I can have an influence on the world by going into this particular subject or field.
We will definitely have to see, where this will take me, I am excited and nervous all at the same time.
Another class I am really enjoying is my Family History class. I am learning how to do research and learning a lot about my ancestors and the legacy they left behind. It is crazy for me to realize that these people are real, they once lived here on this earth. They wanted to be remembered, and they wanted to be happy too. It blows me away... they are not just a name, they really lived.
I am really happy. Enjoying my new ward, and meeting new people. This weekend I have a ward social which I am really excited for. It should be great! Overall, I have just been enjoying my life one day at a time, trying to focus on now and the things that I am faced with, and for the most part I have been really happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment