Friday, September 26, 2008

thinking about today...thinking about tomorrow...

So one more week almost finished here at BYU... this week I took a few tests and turned in some major papers. I did pretty good on my tests and I am hoping I do well on my papers. This upcoming week will be even more full of tests and papers. It shouldn't be too bad though, I think I am generally prepared for them. What I am the most looking forward to is seeing my family next weekend. I miss them like crazy, and the love and support that they give me is something I can never get anywhere else. It has only been about 5 weeks since I have seen them but it sure seems like forever. I try not to think about the fact that they aren't close by.


Here is a picture of Reid and I this summer at the beach, thinking about
family reminds me of my best friends, and thats what they are!


I am also looking forward to general conference and the boost that will give my batteries. Tomorrow should be a good day too, I have university chorale choir retreat. I am going to sing lots of songs and then go to the Relief Society Broadcast so I look forward to that too.

I have really been thinking about the past and how no matter what we want to do to change it, fix those simple mistakes, maybe change a few words we said or something we did, we cannot change it. In some ways this got me down, but really I am who I am because I make mistakes, they help me grow and be stronger. I can learn and keep going even when the past seems like it is holding me back. There is a quote from a Disney movie I absolutely love called Ratatouille it goes something along the lines of " stop dwelling so much on the past, its holding you back from seeing whats in front of you ". That may be a little off its been a long time since I saw it. But I am learning and growing, and I am excited for the future, while still learning from the past. What a good future it will be because that is what I want!



4 comments:

Kristen said...

i love what you said about not letting the past hold you back...i totally agree. some people hold on to their mistakes in their past so tightly that they are paralyzed in their present by anxiety that they are going to make another mistake. and you just can't live that way.
I love your blog!! Keep it coming!!

Mom E. said...

I LOVE this picture. We had a great time at the beach. Every day at the beach, the only way to spend the vacation. I loved the day we just lay on the blanket all cozy and absorbed the sun. It was great to be there with you and Reid just relaxing.
I love you, girl.
Mom

Erin said...

Anna!! It's so fun to read what you are up to these days. (This is your cousin p.s.) You remind me SO MUCH of myself when I first went to college. I'm sure you're still learning so much about yourself and it's such a good time to do that. You are right on about not dwelling on past mistakes. I am just learning this. It would've been SO nice if I would have learned it a few years ago, so way to go!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog!!! Yay!