Monday, October 27, 2008

What is fall?

Fall and autumn are here...

I see pumpkins all over the place,
leaves changing colors,
and hot chocolate is on sale at Macey's.

Every morning I see my breath in the cold air,
frost is on the cars and on the grass,
hats, gloves and scarfs are popping up here and there.

I am actually wearing shoes instead of flip-flops,
I have used some hand warmers,
and the heater is blasting in my apartment.


I sure enjoy the fall, it means that Thanksgiving is coming,
and then soon after that comes Christmas. I love the fall.
recently I have been thinking about how much I really love
being at BYU. I love it here. I sure feel blessed everyday. As
the seasons continue onward so does time. I feel like I sure
am growing up fast, and sometimes it is out of my control.

But as time goes on, I get stronger. Taking and making my life
an amazing journey that is not only lived but I want to
remember it! And I want those around me to remember it too!

2 comments:

Mom E. said...

I will always remember you, Nan.

Geneil said...

This is why we need to keep journals! Or at least write really detailed e-mails to each other in Gmail, so we can save our Sent messages forever... :-D

I'm so glad it's cold enough there for you to run your heater! I miss the cold. I love your list of fall things--brings back happy memories. I am glad that you feel so good being there, too! :-)