Monday, February 28, 2011
The Blessings of the Gospel
This last week I finished reading the Book of Mormon. I started in mid-december, and finished at the end of february. I think this is one of the fastest times I have ever read it all at once. This time as I read I learned a few things:
- the timeline of the book of mormon, and the order of events.
- I forgot how violent Ether is, and how quickly those people forgot about The lord delivering them, how quickly do I forget?
- I also learned an important lesson while I was reading in 3 Nephi (8:5 and 10:18) with my mom, We were looking at the length of time it was from the earthquakes coming to the people and the time that Christ came. The earthquakes happened in the "thirty and fourth year in the first month on the fourth day of the month." and Christ came and manifest himself unto them at the "end of the thirty and fourth year." They were called to repentance and approximately eleven months later Christ came to see them. It was not a quick fix. They had to go through that same process as many people do now.
-I also have felt an increase of understanding come, sometimes I forgot myself and I feel like I am part of the story, living and breathing in what is happening, forgetting time and place.
- I also really love how much the Book of Mormon talks of Christ, and His mercies. He is always helping someone, healing someone, answering their prayers comforting someone, loving someone. This book truly testifies of Him and His ministry.
In conclusion, I want to bear my testimony. I know that this book, The Book of Mormon is true, without a doubt in my mind. It is not just some story from the past. It is what truly happened years ago. This book, has the answers to life, and through the Holy Ghost we can know the truth of all things. I know that Jesus Christ is my savior, and it is only through Him and His life, His sacrifice that I able to live everyday. I know that it is only through His atonement, that I can be made whole. I know that He knows who I am and that He truly cares about me. I am not alone and because of Christ has descended below all things, He knows what pain, sin, temptations, heart break, loneliness, sorrow, sadness, and sickness is, and He knows how to make all of those things feel better. I know that He loves us and thinks of us often. We are on the palms of His hands, and He is with us, even when we think He is not there. I know that I can never repay Christ for the things He has done for me, that is impossible. But I will live my life trying to do what I feel is right, serving Him and serving others, to show Him how grateful I am for His infinite and all encompassing sacrifice.
Life is hard, but thankfully we can and will make it when we rely and trust in Jesus Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing! Love you Anna :)
I love this! Thank you! :-)
I love you Anna! I am starting the Book of Mormon over again too (just finished it yesterday) and now I am going to read it in Spanish, which I have never completed before. I love how I get a new perspective on things when I read it in Spanish, and I am looking forward to gaining a greater testimony of Jesus Christ as my Savior.
I love you Anna, we need to read together
over the phone more often!
I need to finish it again!
Thanks for your testimony I hear from you every time I talk to you.You bring so much joy and fun and happiness into my life.
So glad we belong to each other!
Mom E.
Post a Comment