Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Last Month and a Half. GREAT!

So where do I start...
According to the sound of music it is the very beginning... so here goes, lol:

Since September 15th, I have been busy with many things.
School, has been great. Full of new ideas, and lots of tests but I am doing well and enjoying the things I am learning. I am still loving my Biological Anthropology Class which has been very enlightening to the truth of evolution. I still am not sure what I think about it, but I know that it is very intriguing. It is interesting in more ways than one, and that we really are much more advanced than monkeys or gorillas.

Reid, Curtis, Alicia and I went to General Conference

I had some awesome experiences being at the conference center for most of conference this year. It was very cool  to be there and feel the messages the Prophet and Apostles had for the members of the church.  Some talks that really stood out to me include: President Ucktdorf , Elder Richard G. Scott, Elder Bednar, Elder Packer, Elder Cook, Elder Eyring, President Monson. It was such a cool experience to be there.
Preston and I at Aunt Marilyn's House
Together at the Ward Halloween Party Oct. 30






I also started dating a marvelous boy, Preston Morgan. Today it has been three weeks that we have officially been dating. But since our first date we have seen each other every day and talked as well. He gives amazing hugs, and he is so humble. I definitely falling for him. ha ha. One of my favorite things that we do together is go for walks. We get to talk and catch up, it is really nice. I really am enjoying having him as a friend. He is growing on me each day. He always tells me adorable things, about how much he likes me and how great I am. I feel so lucky to just be dating him. I am learning and growing so much as I spend time with him.

I also am loving where I live. My roommates are great! Mary is awesome we talk each morning because she gets back so late at night. Heidi is just always so happy and fun, and she has helped me a lot when I have been sick this semester. Chanda is always so giving, she serves me all the time. Katelin always encourages me, and reminds me how important the gospel is. Sara is so fun to laugh with, she helps me be grateful for the simple things, and to recognize the happy things in life.
This is all of us but Chanda, having a random unplanned dance party in our kitchen. We dressed up like Thugs and danced away our stress all together it was awesome bonding time :) 



Also, It was great to have Geneil and Josh and Madeline come visit us. They came after General Conference for homecoming weekend at the beginning of October.  It has been so good to see them so much this year. I also really have felt a stronger relationship between me and Geneil. We have been working on talking each week, and staying caught up on each others lives and the things we each are facing. I am so grateful for her. I love her and her family so much. Josh has also been very helpful. He is always giving me dating advice, and being supportive of me. J-Dawg has always been there for me and that makes me glad. I also can not get over how cute Madeline is. She always laughs with me and it makes me so happy that she recognizes me. The other day Geneil was on facebook looking at my page and M started waving to my picture because she thought it was me in real life. We skyped and she waved again. It makes me happy that she knows who I am.


Reid and I also went to Harry Potter 7 the midnight showing. Which was really fun. It was fun to see with him. We didn't like this movie as much as the others but it was still fun. It still blows me away that he is here at BYU with me. But he is learning and growing and learning how to be positive, and it has been a great experience for him. I see how happy he is, and that he is growing and that makes me happy. He still is one of my best friends, and I love how well we get along with each other. It has been super nice to have him here to vent with, laugh with, supporting each other, and to just know I am not alone.

Overall, This semester has been the best I have ever had. Last winter is definitely pretty close to my favorite but this one is winning. I just am loving the things in my life, including my ward and the support and service they give everyone. I feel so blessed to be alive at this time and here at BYU. It is crazy how much the Lord blesses you when you are doing what is right. His hand is in ALL things. It is also crazy I have met some really amazing people in my classes and I have gotten to know them on deeper levels and in many ways I feel like we have been able to answer each others prayers. I feel so much hope, and so much love.

I am so lucky, and things are just GREAT!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Love it. I'm so glad things are going so well for you. I miss you. I think we are going to stop in Utah on our way back to Montana. I would LOVE to even spend an hour with you!

Miss Maggie said...

Ok so when you said that Reid is growing and learning how to be positive, I thought you had typed growing and learning how to be a prostitute! I had to re read it because it threw me off so badly. lol. I am glad that Preston is being a good guy. I still need to meet the fellow.

Merry said...

Anna! I'm so happy that things are going so well! I hope that you can bring Preston up some time so Dave and I can meet him. Keep up the awesomeness!

Alissa Empey said...

Hey Anna I just stumbled on your blog, and thought I would comment. Sounds like you have been busy this semester. Preston sounds like he might just be a keeper. Good luck!