Monday, August 22, 2011
Life as I know it.
So it has been forever since I updated my blog, but life has been good. I have recently rediscovered how much I enjoy some harder music. not on a daily basis but when I need to get pumped up or get myself excited for something. My friend Katlin gave me the Skillet CD and this is their first track and I love it :)
Life is going well. I am staying home in WA to do research for my undergraduate degree in Anthropoogy, which I am excited/nervous/ happy about. I guess I probably am procrastinating by writting on my blog, but hey don't we all do that?!? haha
I am happy and in so many ways my life is so blessed. Reid leaves for his mission in a few weeks to Fortaleza Brazil, so that is an exciting thing coming up. It is crazy to me how fast time flies, especially when we are focusing on others and other things. I have been learning and growing a lot this summer. Not only physically, but mostly mentally and spiritually. I have really come to understand how much Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. How so many times we want to go or do this one thing, and we feel right about a certain choice, and then we make that choice work towards it and it changes or takes you down a different path, you take lots of detours and you turn around, you take wrong turns, and you take right turns, even left turns sometimes too... haha... but really if you are striving to follow and do what you know and feel is right, then blessings come in ways we cannot imagine or understand.
Also I really have learned more about the atonement of Jesus Christ. He lived and died for us. He loves us. Something that Reid said in his farewell talk yesterday stands out to me about being more like Christ. He said" Charity is not loving someone because Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love them. True Charity is loving someone how Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love them." This really made me think a lot about letting my heart be changed towards others and also towards myself. Love is the best and most important motivator. All we do stems from love, or lack of it. So my question I want you to think about, if you or anyone else ever reads this, is: Where is the Love? Where can we find it and how can we know it is real? What does love mean to you? What does it feel like?
For me love is a smile, a laugh, a hug, a heart to heart talk, crying on a friends shoulder, having a friend cry on my shoulder, selfless service, someone doing the little things that I either hate doing or dont have time to do. There are more ways but to me love shatters all doubt and fear, trust remains and it is enduring. a scripture comes to mind. 1 Corinthians 13. This whole chapter is about faith, hope and charity, which to me is love, pure love.
Anyhow, I am happy and life is good. In so many ways I feel so blessed. Life as I know it is better than I thought it could be :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really like those thoughts on charity. Dave and I spoke in church on Sunday about charity, but neither of us thought about that. I love you!
Post a Comment