Sunday, November 6, 2011

Life gets faster and faster...

I have been doing my undergraduate research recently and I have been learning a lot. I thought I was good at socializing before but I am realizing I sure still have a lot to learn about listening. I also have spent more time thinking about the blessings that have come from being home, my calling at church and also having a concussion.

For the most part I have been thinking a lot about Christ and His life and what it means to apply the atonement in my life, what it means to go through the repentance process. Today, I taught the Relief Society lesson and I used the water with food coloring drops being put in and applying the atonement was like pouring in the bleach. Which actually does take the color out of the water, I was slightly surprised.

So for the list of blessings from having a concussion:
- I got time to wind down from a hard few years at school.
- I got to spend time with my family and particularly Joslyn and Reid.
- I was able to make and be friends with Katlin Dexter
- Learning to put myself first. Understanding my priorities.
- Learning my own personal limits.
- Learning that time heals all wounds and that it is ok that it takes time for healing.
- My relationship with Jesus Christ was and continues to be strengthened because I had time to think, ponder, listen, pray and feel the Holy Ghost influence my life.
- I finally got time to work through some of my own concerns and scars from other parts of my life.
- I learned to let things go that are beyond my control, I think I am still learning this.
- I learned that I have to organize my time and to use my time effectively.
- I learned that I have to write things down, so I can remember them.
- I learned to be more organized in my brain and in my life.
- I learned to think better, think clearer.
- I learned how to understand my own thought processes and start to change them when I am thinking about things that are not positive.
- I am learning/learned to be flexible with my time/plans/schedule.
- I learned that those who really care will make the effort to make my life easier.

Overall, I know that it may not have been or will be the happiest experience in my life, but there are blessings. Like it says in the song " What Faith Can Do"  You have to face the clouds to find the silver lining. There is silver lining in my life even though it is kind of a storm right now.

The joy is I know that I can make it through any storm as long as I continue to include my Father in Heaven in my plans and as long as I trust that Christ's suffering and atonement really works and can heal all wounds.

1 comment:

Merry said...

I didn't know you had a concussion. But it sounds like you have learned a lot from it, and I'm glad that it wasn't a wasted experience. I love you!