Saturday, September 20, 2008

perspective....

So recently I started a new semester here at college. I am down at BYU in Provo and trying to be successful in what I want to do, which right now I think it is Public Relations, but that may change over the next four months.
I have been rather down since I came to school. I have been trying to figure out why I am down but it just doesn't seem to be coming, the only things that I can think of that have changed is that I am not being as strong about living my life the way I should, being spiritually uplifted, and also my family is not here. I also think that I need to actually think about realistic things instead of just things. I also think I need to take me time, since I came here I haven't really thought about much besides school, and the things I am worrying about for others.
I also need to work on my relationship with Heavenly Father. And I need to do his will, and what he asks of me. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, also known as LDS or Mormons. But I am very grateful for this upbringing, it has molded and shaped my life. It has taught me that living true principles brings true happiness. Yes, life is hard and can really bring you down, but there are still things that make you happy. We live in an ever changing world, but there are a few things that remain constant. In my life I have been taught that my family loves me. I have been taught that I am a child of God, and He loves me for who I truly am. I have been taught that Jesus Christ died and atoned for my sins and He has made it possible for me to make it back to my Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ was and is the savior of the world and He did all that the Father asked him to. the only way to find true happiness and success is by living the gospel, and truly taking in its principles making it how you live your life, not just a life style.
So all in all for me to be happy I need to live the gospel to its fullest, not just here and there. I don't feel like I am doing anything major that's wrong, it is just the simple things that I need to work on. But I can do it if I keep moving forward, and I don't give up.

1 comment:

Mom E. said...

Thank you for always being there for me! You are my great friend!

I miss you.

Mom E.