Saturday, April 10, 2010

Here We Go Again!

I am trying not to think about the next couple weeks...
4 Tests
4 Papers one of which is 12 pages long
Moving/ Packing up
Cleaning Checks
Relief Society Lesson
Going home to kill bugs and be with family- this one makes me excited:) 

It doesn't seem like much but for some reason this year I am feeling a little more overwhelmed than usual. I think maybe it is because I will be packing up and moving and cleaning this year without my mom, she typically comes and helps me out. I think I will and already am realizing how much she does for me. Not only during my finals week, and my starting week each year at school, but the fact that she does so much more than just those things.
She teaches me, loves me, talks with me, laughs and cries with me. She protects me, strengthens me, and gives me hope. She truly has influenced and blessed my life, in more ways than she is aware. I am so glad I am able to know, and have a friendship with my mom. It makes a world of difference.

Recently, I have been working on a paper for my symbolic anthropology class, which is discussing the way that we physically show love, and the importance of showing and sharing that feel/emotion. It is through the actions of my mom and others that I see I am loved. Love cannot be seen or understood without the expression of others, or the actions, whatever that action or expression may be.

I am grateful for the ability to see love, and know I am loved. It will make the difference in the next two weeks of business, not be that bad and worth the reward. A break, time with my family, time in Germany with my sister and niece, and then a whole summer of enjoying my siblings and parents.

1 comment:

Merry said...

You can do it Anna! I have faith in you!