Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer so Fa!

so my summer adventure so far... well right now it consists of work and then then sleeping and that is about it. At work i search for standing water ( the stuff the doesn't move or flow) where skeeters lay their eggs and then those eggs go through the life cycle and then become blood suckers lol. I drive round in a truck tons from spot to spot where you dip a white enamel cup into the water look at the water you bring up which has lots of bugs and weeds etc. then if there are more then 4 larva in the dip you treat the water, but you dip in about 6 different spots to see how big of an area you have to treat. Each day I see a variety of animals ranging from cows, dogs, horses, tons of bugs including gross ticks, mice, rats, spiders, groundhogs, gofers, owls, snakes three different kinds, bunnies, tadpoles, and i think that is about all of them, but it is cool to see new things and explore a lot of the area around where i grew up i find cool places to go all the time :) Also at work we break apart beaver dams all the time because they make the go from flowing to standing which creates a lake for breeding mosquitoes. It is pretty crazy!

I am enjoying being home with my family but it has pros and cons just like everything else. I am in a singles ward for church meeting new people and trying to find fun things to do. It is nice to chill with my siblings and parents when they are not in school or working. I am also getting a pretty great tan. I spend most of my time outside each day except for sunday. We are growing strawberries like mad so i spend a decent amount of my free time there. lol. We just planted more apples trees and put in a sprinkler system all around my house. It is pretty exciting but strange because home is changing as time goes by but nothing stays the same all the time. At least a few things are consistent like the grass always grows and there is always food I can eat here. lol.

Also I listen to the radio all the time at work cause we have the truck that doesnt havea tape deck or a cd player... but there is a song by nickelback that has made me think a lot about where and waht i want to do with my life its called "If today was your last Day." If you want something motivational here is a link to watch the video and listen to it... its most of the song and its a clean video and sends the message well...

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/nickelback/video/if-today-was-your-last-day

Anyways, that pretty much sums up things going on with me. and sorry it took so long to post again, many crazy things happened at school and life, but now things are slowing down a little.
Have a happy day!

No comments: