Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question me an answer...


so much to think about... it all runs together in randomness...

friends, school, work, family, home, Christmas, humanities, group project, my major, my minor, who i am, what i stand for, am i a good person, is it worth it, what do i need to do differently, what can i do to stop being so sad, what do i want in my future, who am i supposed to be friends with, do i want new friends how to i reach out to others, how do be who i was before, am i the only one feeling like this ???
I guess you could say i am thinking so much that i feel like i dont know what i am really thinking. IT just blurs together in a whirl wind, making wonder how to organize my thoughts so i can think clearly, honestly and helpfully , so i can figure it all out without being negative or beating myself up.

ANy ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anna, it sounds like you're in a slump. We all have those. Sometimes they're short (Today I've had a number of small slumps!) and sometimes they're long and they consume our lives. I have three suggestions: 1) When you become overwhelmed by these things that bother you and take over your thoughts, as soon as you realize it make yourself sit down and write down some things that you are grateful for, or looking forward to. 2) You might consider talking to someone (your roommates, your family) about what's going on. If your slump lasts longer than a couple weeks and is affecting your life (like your sleeping patterns) you should think about talking to a counselor. 3) Pray. Heavenly Father knows what's going on, and He has a plan for you, and He'll make things easier, even if he doesn't make them go away.

Geneil said...

My dear sweet Nanna, it sounds to me like you are not getting proper amounts of sleep. :) When I feel like my thoughts are going in a big stressful round, I ask myself two questions: how much sleep have I been getting? And how long have I spent studying my scriptures today? In my experience, when I study the Book of Mormon with a prayerful heart, my mind almost seems to clear itself; I focus on the prophets' words instead of my own life for a minute, and then suddenly my own life is clearer too—like a Magic Eye puzzle! :) And when I make sure to take that time every day, I know that Heavenly Father uses that time to teach me things and to pour comfort into my heart.

Sorry, this is turning into an e-mail instead of a comment... I want you to remember how much you are loved! And needed! By your family and friends, and by your Heavenly Father; He loves you and wants you to come home to Him, which is why he put you where you are—because He knows that the things you are learning now will help you to go back to Him.

All of us sometimes doubt ourselves, love, but He never does. :)

Kristen said...

okay so i totally agree with Merry and Geneil...but I'll tell you this little thing too. Sometimes I have those days when I feel like there is so much I need to do and have to do and should do, and it is all swirling around me and I become almost paralyzed because I don't even know where to start. What helps me the most is to just sit down, write it all out (a list or a journal), and tell myself over and over, "Heavenly Father doesn't expect me to do this all today, so why am I expecting it of myself? Step by step."