Thursday, February 23, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

This week has been rather exciting. Today was rather long, and the weird thing is after long weekends it is always hard to get started again. But at the same time I was thankful for a rest for my brain and just to catch up on sleep and relax. There has been a lot of things I have been thinking about recently, mostly I try to focus on whatever needs my attention at that time. Sometimes it works better than others. A few things that I have been learning about and thinking about:

- How much food is integrated into our lives, it controls social situations, it influences relationships, food is more than a physical relationship, it is an emotional and a mental relationship with not only our bodies but with others.
-I have been thinking a lot about Dress and Grooming and the standards of appearance, what messages are people trying to send by the way that they dress?
- India has given me a new obsession, it is so interesting and totally different than any other place I have ever learned about, there is something about it that makes it enchanting.
- Learning HTML and how to create and fix websites. This whole HTML stuff is new to me, but hopefully I can figure it out without having to take a class.
- Beauty and Belief which is a new Exhibit in the Museum of Art. Today was the Press Conference, which it was so great to be there and to learn and feel the excitement of this new exhibit, and how many beautiful things are there that not only teach me about Islamic culture but about my own ideas and concepts behind beauty.
- I have been thinking a lot about place, and how we talk about our favorite places.
- I have been thinking about how certain words bring certain connotations, sometimes words cannot effectively express our thoughts/ideas/emotions, which is why there are other forms of language besides words or an actual language itself.
- I have been thinking a lot about my future and what I want, and how to find what will make me truly happy.
- How Celiac Disease influences everything else, also how this disease really has to do with your choice in reaction and actions toward it and choosing to face certain consequences for certain things.
 
I guess I am definitely tired. But in many ways my body is so tired but I feel like my brain is just starting to come more alive again. I am still struggling but things are getting better and better. At the same time I feel like right now I am living to get by, but hopefully this summer things will slow down a little so I can enjoy the day more, instead of just makin' it. The whole key is that I am actually making it, i am drowning, I am not dead, I am making it. In the end it comes to this song that just came out by Kelly Clarkson: What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger... Now my theme song for the next month :)



4 comments:

Lauren said...

I totally did a radio piece last week on how food is the 6th love language!! Haha I should send you the mp3. AND last week I blogged that Kelly Clarkson song... clearly, we are riding the same brainwave!!

Mom E. said...

I have been thinking about my versions of some of those same things.....I love you and love to hear what you are thinking about.....
You are the BEST! and I am so inspired by the strength you continue to receive through difficulties. I am glad we are in this together. "You are my biggest fan!" LOL

Claire said...

Love that song and love you more!

Merry said...

You are so fun, Anna! I like that you are getting into HTML. It can be difficult, but it's fun to be able to manipulate it.

Also, I noticed that in your sidebar you have my old blog listed. If you want to check out our new blog, it's at lifebymerryanddave.blogspot.com (I decided to include Dave in the URL).