This first week of school has been a killer. I haven't been very excited to start up again or all the papers I have to write for my generals classes. Figuring out a major is also pressing on my mind. But as I have cried tear water tea, thinking about short pencils and spoons that have fallen behind the stove, I finally let a lot of it out. But this post isn't to discuss all the things I am worried about but more the things that have given me hope when I thought there was none left...
So heres the list-
+ Thomas S. Monson gave an amazing talk yesterday at the CES fireside I encourage you to read it or see it if you didn't get the chance. It reminded me that I am strong, and I am good enough. I can do it and I can make it through hard things.
+ Also I got to see Claire and Eric randomly on Saturday because one of my friends went to Idaho so I met up with them and hung out, that was very good!
+ Today there were two little kids probably around the ages of 2 and 4 playing in the snow on a sidewalk as their mom stood there and read the newspaper. Both were dressed in their little snow suits, trying to put snow through the chain link fence. It just made me think back to my days when I was little, and how happy I was all the time not caring what anyone else thought. I realized thats how I need to be now. Yes it is important to care but I think I have been caring too much about other opinions. But those kids were so adorable I hope someday I can have my own adorable kids that can remind me of the simplicities of living life.
+ There is not too much for me to do yet, so I am not too busy to take naps.
+ I have awesome FHE brothers, and I realized that they really are always there for me.
+ Anthropology is interesting but probably not my passion in life, neither is biology... lol.
+ It is a new week which also means that next weekend is four days long!!!
+ Most of the ice on the sidewalks is melted so I don't have to worry about falling as often... still a little.
+ I forgot how much I absolutely love learning and using ASL, yes it gets slightly confusing at times but it sure is amazing being able to talk to people who are deaf :)
Theres my hopeful thoughts... I hope I can keep finding more, it helps me be happy! Have a happy day and don't forget to find the simple things because in the end those are the things that really mean a lot... referring to the George Straight song.
:)
1 comment:
Good job, Nanna! Your happy things make me happy too! Hooray for happy things like naps and long weekends, and ice melting, and speaking other languages! I love it all. Here's one from me: I've been coming down with a weird sore throat, and my work schedule just got cut to 3 days a week, but both of those together mean that I can probably spend a day this week really resting at home--in my pajamas and everything, a real sick day. I haven't had one of those for... years. Hooray!!
Post a Comment