Sunday, January 25, 2009

7,166 days of life... what does one day really mean?

I have been alive for 7,166 days.
Thinking about those days, and the concept of Time, when you look at each day it goes by slowly, some faster than others, and some slower than others, I think the days that seems to be the longest would include last summer where I sat in a park all day and essentially did nothing except eat Italian ice... lol.

But each day is simply that- a day- and if you look at it singly 24 hours seems like a long time. But as you look at 7,166 days being 171,960 hours, that is a lot of time. But where has it been spent? For about 71,000 hours have been spent sleeping- if I get 10 hours a night, but I take naps to make up for the last hours. About 20,000 of them have been spent sitting in a desk or lecture hall. The other 80,000 hours have been spent, watching movies, learning skills, reading, eating and making food, laughing, crying, going to church, doing homework not included in the sitting in classrooms, working, driving, sitting at stop lights, flying on planes, pulling weeds, singing songs, spending time with the family, picking strawberries, playing games etc.

Now individually they may not seem like much time but those days added up to weeks, then months then years. 19 years and some days. And every single one of those days made up my life. Every day makes up your life. We don't know how much "time" we have here on earth but I just have to say we should enjoy our days, living life to the fullest each day, making every day rich and full of happy memories, so that those days can add up to be happy years. And we all have trials and hard things we have to accomplish, but I can do hard things. And it is the every day patience and endurance that make the difference. Because all we have is today, yesterday is gone, and we don't know for sure if we have tomorrow. So live for today and live and plan for the future.

I am working on living for today drinking in the happy times and trying to leave behind the sad or hard. Don't give up and don't let go. I guess through all this I am trying to remind myself these same things, so I can face today wither I want to or not, but I have to because today is all I know for sure that I have.

Hopefully in this mess of words and numbers something is insightful.

No comments: