Right up the borderline that's where I'm gonna wait...for you.
The semester is over half way through, and I really wish that I could be done, I am in need of a break, my brain is starting to get fried like french fries. ButI am learning so so much.
I have been learning a lot about music, literature, art, symbols, and cultures from the 15th century up until our day. For my anthropology class I also have been reading a book called Let Your Words Be Few: Symbolism and Silence in Quaker Ideology, By Richard Bauman. So far I have read about the importance of silence in their culture, and how they only speak if they feel if God is speaking through them. I wonder how much less we would say if we all did this. I also wonder if it would change how well we listen to each other and the spirit, would we be able to follow and hear promptings more? Is it important to take that quiet time each day to hear your own thoughts. Bauman also talks of how they believed that silence was a way to line your will up with God's, you are giving yourself to God.
I am enjoying this book more than anything else, it is increasing my understanding of symbols and how real everything is in my life. Symbols surround us: words, language, sounds, pictures, our name, time, personality, personhood, colors, shapes, acronyms, light and darkness, right and wrong, facial expressions, body movement, and emotions/feelings.
It is crazy to think about how these things are all around us, making it hard to know exactly how else we would express ourselves, share our ideas if we didn't have words or pictures.
I also am starting to feel homesick a little. Missing my siblings, and my parents, missing my older sisters and brother-in-laws, and my niece. I am ready to spend some more time with them, to laugh, to be me, to just be with them and enjoy their company. I sure love them and it has taken me a long time to see how important they are to me, I really could not live without them. They are a huge part of me, and I am so happy they are such a big part. As we have all grown up and changed, learned and grown, we have been able to support each other more, and love each other more. I wish they could meet me in Idaho for the weekend. lol.
I feel a big change coming on in my life and I am not sure what it is. I hope I am ready for it.
1 comment:
It will be good to have you home, Anna. We miss you, too.
Mom
Post a Comment